The birth of MahaDarshan

MahaDarshan started out as the big vision of a small seventh grader.  It has now grown to be my "great vision" to make a difference in this world! 





Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tolerance

We have all been told to be tolerant of others and their personalities, but how much is it enforced that we be open to others ideas about our situations. This may be a bit difficult to understand as the wording is not clear. As leaders, we all want to be the decision makers and the people who create all the ideas in the group, whatever the group may be for. Sometimes when we believe that we have a brilliant idea, it is difficult for us to hear criticism or suggestions to the idea. The fact is though, by allowing others to contribute to your idea, you can have credit for the idea but develop it into something greater than it would have ever been.

For example, I am working on a book for my personal project and I was discussing with my father's friend how to create a web version of the book I am in the process of writing. But with my core ideas in place, I realized that the entire conversation I became very defensive when he mentioned areas where my idea could be modified. When I reflected back on this, I realized that his suggestions would only help me, not hurt me. As a result, when I went back to edit my ideas for the website, I made sure to incorporate his ideas into mine, to create a new and improved version of my idea!

SO... make sure to be tolerant of other people's suggestions for they will only help you grow!

No comments: