The birth of MahaDarshan

MahaDarshan started out as the big vision of a small seventh grader.  It has now grown to be my "great vision" to make a difference in this world! 





Sunday, June 21, 2009

Odi Vilayadu Papa - an informal Mahadarshan get together June 21st 2009

I gave a program to a group of children who meet monthly under the banner "Odi Vilayadu Papa" - which means run around and play. This program is run on a monthly basis by Mother Care Diabetes Center. The goal is to educate the normal children in the area about the importance of healthy lifestyle. This free program attracts 15 to 30 children every month. I spoke to them on being self motivated and determined, courage, being a leader in the community and helping others. The children said that they would like to maintain contact with Darshana Akka (me) on a regular basis and even asked me when I'd be coming back!

No comments: