The birth of MahaDarshan

MahaDarshan started out as the big vision of a small seventh grader.  It has now grown to be my "great vision" to make a difference in this world! 





Sunday, January 09, 2011

What does maturity mean?

Close your eyes and imagine a person in a position of great leadership. Personally, I used to imagine someone who could carry themselves very confidently and command an audience. This is often linked with being austere and even a little bit stern-faced. Taking yourself and others seriously is commonly regarded as a mark of maturity. Thus, as we grow older, we try to push away our childish tendencies and develop a more adult personality. However, those childish behaviors are sometimes the most interesting things about us! I will proudly say it. I watched Princess and the Frog in theatres on the day it opened. I bawled at the end of Toy Story 3. And last but not least, I very excitedly went to watch Tangled and still oo'd and aah'd for every cliché, predictable scene! Nevertheless, I do not think this fascination with Disney makes me any less capable of being mature at the appropriate moments and getting myself together in positions of leadership. In fact, I do not think having silly obsessions or interests reflects immaturity. It simply exhibits that we are all complex people with a preferential story. Thus, as long as we do what we love and make a difference, we can make that story worth reading!

No comments: