The birth of MahaDarshan

MahaDarshan started out as the big vision of a small seventh grader.  It has now grown to be my "great vision" to make a difference in this world! 





Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lessons from DoodleJump!

Before you jump to conclusions about my DoodleJump skills based on my score in the upper left hand corner, let me assure you that ...oh who am I kidding... I'm terrible at this game! Nonetheless, I did learn a very important lesson from this frustratingly difficult app. As the screenshot above shows, I had just missed the present and was on my way to moving along with the assistance of the jetpack that the little giftbox contained. Rather than accepting this and concentrating on not falling down, I tried to go back for the gift and ended up plunging to the depths of the game's abyss and consequently lost.

As I mentioned on in a previous post, we all wish there was a big red button and we could hit it and change the past. Unfortunately, what happened in the past is in the past and we can only concentrate on avoiding such mistakes and building a better future. I, too, have made the mistake of looking back on something I regret or an opportunity I did not take advantage of, and falling into the trap of trying to regain that chance. What I learned was that I could not get that gift back, but I could make myself ready for the next time a gift comes along. Treat everything as a learning experience, because that experience is what builds your armor so you can weather all the difficulties and tribulations life throws at you.

No comments: